The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Thursday, December 18, 2008

THE WORTH OF YOU

One of your most beautiful poems.

You and I were born with something
that's taken us away
from pretty clothes and steady beaus
and kept the world at bay.

Though hearts may come and give a taste
of greater things to be
the worth of you demands far more
than ambiguity.

Sometimes
I think of you with my own heart
beating in your chest
and I wonder when the day will come
when it will grant me rest.

My soul is largely unexplored
as is my love for you
I feel both beckon and it gives me peace
though dreams are fitful still.
- Kristy Gough

I hope you will forgive me for sharing your most private moments with others. Those of us that love you deeply need your words. We want to feel close to you again. You are forever in our hearts. Mom

Today's workout: 6 miles on treadmill at 5300 ft. My heart felt sore and tired.