The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Tuesday, December 9, 2008

THE MIND KILLER

When Kristy was in grade school she committed this to memory:

I must not fear
Fear is the mind killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past
I will turn the inner eye to see it's path
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing
Only I will remain
written by Frank Herbert

No comments:

Post a Comment