The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Saturday, December 13, 2008

MY LITTLE GIRL

(To Kristy) As I ran the lake yesterday I was reminded of a conversation we had once. I told you how my sister Kim and I had walked around the whole lake. Each time we came upon one of the many wooden benches we would stop and see if there was a plaque. Many of the benches have them and they were very touching. I remember telling you about two which really stuck with me. One of them said "Somewhere in the mists of time, we remember."

The other bench I passed yesterday, as I do at least once a week. It says "Our little girl, forever in our heart" It is dedicated to Helen Mayer who would have been in her 60's when she died. I told you then, as I am telling you now - you will always be my little girl. This would never have changed. No matter how old you were you would always have been my little girl.

I love you, Mom

Today's' workout: 66 minutes on treadmill. 10 minutes were devoted to an easy pace for warm up but I still did 6 miles, with a tempo pace similar to yesterday. Today I stayed 54 minutes in zone as compared to 44 yesterday at the lake. Average HB 142.

No comments:

Post a Comment