The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Tuesday, December 2, 2008

TRAINING SCHEDULE

So far my runs have consisted of going around Lake Chabot and running as many miles as I can. I am averaging about 30 miles a week. I have lots of thinking not to do. But my knees are a little sore and I hear lots of stories about injuries. After all, I am in my 50's and I need to take a sensible approach.

Today I started using the training schedule put together by the Peta Pack. I will now be training smarter. Cross training and actually running less. Today I ran 4 miles at an easy pace. It was wonderful! I felt so rejuvenated afterwards. I am usually quite tired. So let's see how well this works. I missed the first day, so tomorrow I will run 4 miles again just to be on the same page as everyone else. Only 8 weeks until the race!

To see what this race is all about: http://www.active.com/donate/PETAPack/kristygough
Today's workout: 4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment