The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Sunday, December 28, 2008

TEMPO

Tempo training is so hard for me. I seem to be stuck running an 11 minute mile. From what I have been reading tempo training is the way to improve your pace and stamina. I need to try harder. The second hour is usually easier for me than the first hour so this may mean I really do need to step it up. I am going to try to do so today and will post my progress later.

Late Post

Today's Workout: 6 miles on treadmill followed by stretching and abdominal workout. Accomplished mileage in shorter amount of time, so I worked harder but not as hard as I need to in order to really improve. Will have to try to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment