The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Monday, December 22, 2008

TU HERMANA

From Kristy's sister

Here I sit late at night reading all the soulful, heartfelt words written by everyone about my one and only sister, Kristy, aka Kris Kros Apple Sauce. I have been so speechless about this and still am having trouble accepting that it is real. How can it be that the closest person to me in my life is gone? I will never again sleep by her side, glory in the inexpressible bond of sisterhood, strength, wisdom and commitment to growth that united us. Of course, we will go on and continue striving to express the balance of vulnerability and power that allows us to achieve our dreams with a sense of ease and gratitude.

I know that Kristy is touched by all the love and admiration pouring out from the community. I know that all your expressions are making it easier for me in this way: I am so grateful that so many recognize her as the beautiful, inspiring, brilliant, endearing, funny and caring woman she was. Not only was she my "other half" for the past 30 years, but I took for granted that I would have the rest of my life with her. I will be grateful for all the love you all have shown to her and our family for all the years to come that I will be longing for the greatest love I have ever known. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but I wouldn't dream of letting her down. I know I have to continue the journey of learning to remove all the ways I obscure my own beautiful light from shining forth. Easier said than done!

I am so blessed to have Kristy's example to guide my way. Kristy, I am so so sorry and so proud of who you are and what you've done. I will forever honor you, love you, dream with you, and thank you for all you brought, and still bring to my life.

Until we meet again, my love, tu hermana Laurissa

No comments:

Post a Comment