The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Friday, December 12, 2008

A THOUSAND EYES












I am stronger
because I bear in me
not my own little life
but all the lives
and steadily I walk forward
because I have
a thousand eyes

que soy MAS FUERTE!!
porque te llevo en me,
NO MI PEQUENA VIDA
sino TODOS LAS VIDAS
y ando seguro hacia delante
MIL OJOS!

by Pablo Neruda
siempre mi corazon - Elliot

Today's workout: 6 miles at the lake. I did a tempo run with the first half being an easy pace and the last half divided between medium tempo and fast tempo. This was definitely out of my comfort zone but I was able to complete the course in 62 minutes which is a good time for me. 44 minutes of the run were in zone with an average heart beat of 145. I took the above photo of the lake afterwards. It was a beautiful day.

1 comment:

  1. Today I rode new roads... alone yet not... for you were with me. It was beauty and it was brutality. See... I love you Kristy. I just can't help it. I always have.

    I hope to see you again someday. Perhaps we will recognize each other...and you will let me hold you once more.

    ReplyDelete