The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Thursday, December 11, 2008

MESSAGE OF THE EARTH

I was born to some lost purpose
it rumbles in my viens
it pushes liquid beauty from my eyes
but has no song to play

It calls to me from living thing
majestic silent stewards

Not love, nor touch, nor baser deeds
my heart is lonely for
but beauty and the eyes to see
such tender trust - so silently

Breeze that feeds and holds me firm
my parents are the trees
majestic stewards with wisdom woven
in the rustling of their leaves

There's times I hear
and then do not
the Message of the Earth

by Kristy Gough

I found this poem along with many others in the shoe box you left in the attic. They affected me deeply and I decided to read some of them at the service we held in March a week after your death.

Today's workout: 50 minutes cross training

2 comments:

  1. These poems by Kristy reveal an articulate and sensitive woman who has found a way to string words on a thread of spiritual beauty. She was not limited to her athletic skills, but this side of her was not public. I am glad her poetry now touches me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy. te amo... te amo

    ReplyDelete