The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Tuesday, December 23, 2008

HIS NAME IS


He is my mystery
He is known to me in moments
His bones are long and narrow
His voice returns me to simplicity
He is my first kiss behind the playground
He bears gifts some refuse to see
He stands coupled with my fear
His name is Desire

- Kristy Gough

Today's workout: 10 miles on treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment