The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Saturday, December 27, 2008

PRESSING ON

Snow, snow and more snow. But we continue to press on. I almost gave myself permission to take the day off but eventually talked myself out of it. Kristy - you would be proud! Much needed encouragement from Elliot and his mother. A book of Native American poetry is waiting for me when I return! Laurissa will be waiting at home for me and we'll have an evening together before she goes on to Mexico.

Happy Birthday to little brother John

Today's workout: 60 minutes on elliptical trainer with sister Kim. Luckily falling down the day before did not do any serious damage to knees. Just a few scrapes and bruises.

No comments:

Post a Comment