The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Thursday, December 4, 2008

TRAINING GROUND

Lake Chabot










Miles and miles of beautiful hilly trails. A perfect place to train! Before I started running I would walk the dogs here. Many days I would see Kristy running back down the hill as I was walking up with the dogs. This is the lake where I would ride my bike with Kristy while she ran. One day I was so tired I wanted to walk the last hill. She said I didn't need to do that and proceeded to push me up bike and all! I run up this hill nearly every training I do and the memory of that day is always in my mind. I will NOT let this hill get the best of me. I will NOT walk up it ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment