The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Thursday, December 25, 2008

CHRISTMAS SNOW

Today is Christmas and most of New Mexico is covered in snow. We woke to a solid white landscape and my sister Kim immediately got out the snow shovel and cleaned up the driveway and sidewalk.

I don't really feel like doing much but I am so thankful for being able to spend this time with my sister. My last years were rich with family and celebration. It all seems so long ago..... There was so much to look forward to then.

I regret the fact I constantly complained to Kristy about growing old. I regret not being with her when she died. There is so much to consider. At night it's difficult to sleep as I keep going over and over things in my head. I wish for so many things and then I feel bad for the wishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment