The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Friday, January 16, 2009

SPEAKING TRUTH



Mahatma Gandhi was teaching one day, and a woman in the crowd said to him, "But Gandhiji, what you're saying today is not what you said before!" Gandhi replied, "Madame, it is not my aim to speak the truth as I may have spoken it on a previous occasion, but to move from truth to truth, and speak the truth as I now know it." - From the teachings of Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment