The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Monday, January 19, 2009

BREAKING SOUNDS



I passed a man who breathed:
beautiful
my arm touched a man whose skin
seared my mind
the eyes of a man offered me
it all

I see a man who I try to memorize
prematurely
to all of these I turned away to my
most constant self
and to none spoke with my
most vocal chord

I speak to the room
who gave me this?
the room is still
it pulses like waves in the night
for no one
the breaking sounds
are the words my mind creates
that is the answer

-- Kristianna Gough
Today's workout: none - today I am definitely sick

No comments:

Post a Comment