The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Monday, January 12, 2009

JACK AND KRISTY'S VIDEO


Click on the title to see the video on You Tube

Not too long ago we decided to look for a dog to keep our first dog Karma company. Karma is a small Cairn terrier so I began looking for a suitable match for her. My search led me to Furry Friends Rescue. http://www.furryfriendsrescue.org/

Kristy came with me to our dogie interview. This is how we first met Jack. Jack was a scared little dog with hardly any fur. He had been found wandering the streets in a nearby town. For me it was love at first sight, but Kristy was skeptical. Jack was not warm and cuddly and had many issues.

Before too long Jack had won Kristy over. She could not get enough of him and called him "Yackers". Kristy is the one who showed me what a "real" dog wants when you take him for a walk! Jack was insecure and aggressive with other dogs when on a leash. So we would take him far into the countryside to a cow pasture and let him run free. We would then take turns calling him and he would run back and forth between the two of us! It was hilarious - but he never got tired!

Jack's first encounter with a cow was memorable. At first he did not know what to do but soon decided cows were docile enough to attack. He actually chased a big black bull up and down the hill one day much to our horror! Jack only weighs about 11 pounds and was no match for a stray hoof. When we finally coaxed him to come back we made sure he was always on a leash whenever we were around any cows.

I made this video for Kristy. She loved it! It's all about her and Jack.

Today's workout: 7 mile run at the lake. I am coming down with a cold. This was a hard run and very slow. Maybe I will take it easy tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment