The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Thursday, January 15, 2009

CHOCOLATE RULES!



This birthday card was given to me by Kristy on January 18, 2006. The envelope is my favorite part - it's all about our favorite subject - candy! The individually wrapped candy on the envelope is taunting me:

  • Eat me!
  • Eat me now!
  • What are you waiting for?!
  • You'll live longer!
  • OK, so that's BS - but eat me anyway
  • MMM...tasty!
  • Are you stupid? EAT me!
  • Are we still having this conversation?

Inside the card is a drawing of a dog sitting on a sofa. He has a big grin on his face. Underneath the dog it says, "If you ever thought too much about all the places in your home your pet has touched with his naked butt, you'd have to move." The inside concludes, "Hope you find a nice place to eat your cake. Happy Birthday".

Kristy writes inside, "Hey little lady - Jack and Kharma approved this card. You will have to sniff it to find out where they left their "mark". I hope the chocolate keeps you youthful and happy."

Kristy and I both sat down and ate the chocolates. What else could we do?

No comments:

Post a Comment