The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Wednesday, January 7, 2009

DREAMS OF KRISTY


Written today by Kristy's sister Laurissa:

I dream of Kristy - again. And again she comes back to life and we are together. I dream about her at least once a week since March. This is the third time she has "come back to life". In the first of these dreams I found her in a small cabin out in the woods where a man had taken her after her accident for her to recover. I was so upset when I found out she had been alive this whole time and didn't tell me somehow. I wanted to tell her how hard things had been for me, and how I had suffered thinking she was dead. But I couldn't really communicate with her... something was wrong. She was so silent and distant. I awoke sobbing and cried many tears for days...

In the second one, she came back and we went down to a small bridge that was flowing over a little creek in the forest. We hung out there together for many hours. She told me that she was done with being dead and was back now. Our talking was so relaxed and natural. It felt like we have always been together, just as it did in life. We didn't need to exchange many words and our understanding was complete. I was so content to be with her. The rest of the world didn't matter. We stayed there until dark and into the early hours of the dark morning and then we went to see our Grandmother, Zee. No one else had seen her yet and we went there. We walked a long way in the dark. When we got there, Zee and Karen appeared in a balcony that we were climbing up to and they gushed over Kristy for a long time, not even noticing me standing there. They touched her face, hair and hands as I stood, invisible, watching life and family take my sister back.

Now, here in the southern most part of Mexico, I dream her alive again. She is at the Broadmoor house and has come back to us from the world of the dead. We are all gathered around her as if she is some celebrity, sitting in a wooden chair in the center of the small bedroom. I eventually wrap my arms around her waist and weep. I am releasing the tears I held inside when I thought that I had all the days of my life ahead of me to face without her. Now she was here and I could breathe again and let those tears fall, forever gone. My sister is back. But there was work to do - a forest fire had started and they needed my help to put it out... of course, I couldn't do anything, couldn't leave Kristy's side.

Today's workout: 60 minutes Cross Training at the gym. Today I met Peta's race coordinator who is also in training. Alex is a very caring person who is giving me advice on how to run a smart race. Kristy would like her. I shared a photo of Kristy and Jack with her that I carry with me everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment