The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Saturday, June 6, 2009

VIOLINS AND CELLOS



There is a time of evening 
when the prairie is about to say something.
It never says it.
Or perhaps it is constantly saying it 
but we never hear it,
or we hear it, 
but it is as inexpressible 
as a piece of music.

- Jorge Luis Borges

This feeling happens to me when I least expect it. And I am filled with love and longing for you. I grasp for a fleeting glimpse of you and if I am lucky I do hear the music. It always comes with violins and cellos. Sweet and clear, with all the longing of a heart so young and strong. The beauty and strength of you will never leave me. I look forward to the next time I am under your spell.

1 comment:

  1. these two poems were born for each other.

    ReplyDelete