The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A PIECE OF MY SOUL



This is such a sad poem so full of longing. I want to cry each time I read it. The last few lines are so beautiful they haunt me and I catch my breath as I hear them in her voice in my mind. She will always be held close and I join her longing each night.

Say no more
Say no more
The words from your mouth
fall on the floor.

Your liquid brown eyes
they hold me at night
My heart beat only
under your sight.

Summer and fall
winter and spring
Each season has passed
I've heard not a thing.

And then there came light
just as you were dark.

Read many books and
wrote reasons down
why I was so lucky
you weren't around.

But my heart has no eyes
nor ears to hear
My words that I sang out
so crystal clear.

I'm forgetting your face
The touch of your hand.

You've got a heart just like mine
from your birthing day.
You've got a piece of my soul
down beneath the waves.

Oh, but I need you
Ah ah ah, I need you

Take me away in the night
to my motherland
Show me the wind in the trees
hold me with my own hands!

-- Kristy Gough

No comments:

Post a Comment