The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Friday, June 5, 2009

SWEET AND SOUR



The berries are ripening at an alarming rate.  I am tending them carefully, for these are the berries Kristy and I planted together.  They were running rampant in the garden so we dug them up and planted them in large planters.  The first year they didn't give much fruit, but now in their 4th year - they are giants.

Kristy was so protective of these berries.  She loved their sweet, tart flavor. I think of this each time I put one in my mouth.  Each time I pass by I pick one.  I don't bother to wash it or even inspect it. We use no pesticides. If I eat a spider, I guess I'll......  How does that little ditty go? 

I think of you and let the sweet-sour taste sting my tongue. We are in the garden together now. You are telling me something funny. I love to hear you laugh. You are happy and confident. You show me something. Now you are going. But I wait, for you will surely return. I see you everywhere.  

No comments:

Post a Comment