The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Friday, June 26, 2009

A SLIPPERY FEE


Kristy and I play with stray kittens we rescued

Kristy got an A for this poem which was written when she was 17.

Armageddon makes me laugh, don't you see?
It was created to extract an annual fee.
Luckily, these chains have no control over me,
I know that death only releases pee,
And yummy corpse juice, hee hee.

There's no afterlife with noontime tea,
Only a moments shocked regret for faithfully paying the fee.
If you happen to open your eyes and see
Accept my apology in advance, it's free.

Keep them closed, the truth's too bright, said he
If they knew their life was for your comedy,
Gee!
They could withhold my slippery fee.

You're a greedy bastard, but I admit and do agree.
It's opportune that you do not function from the we.
For an honest life can be so lonely.
A question, though, if you please:
How did you escape the fervor, and why me?

Inspired by Anon
written by Kristy Gough - 1994

1 comment:

  1. Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words for they become actions. Understand your actions for they become habits. Study your habits for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny.

    quote from Anonymous

    ReplyDelete