The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Sunday, February 8, 2009

THE FINISH LINE


Photo by Chris Levering

I DID IT! I caught a burst of speed as I ran across the finish line. You were with me all the way Kristy. I channeled into your steel-willed determination and did not quit. I never felt nervous or hesitant as I knew you were inside me, running with me. What a great experience - one that I will never forget. Thank you everyone.

As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth,
so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind.
To make a deep physical path,
we walk again and again.
To make a deep mental path,
we must think over and over
the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.
- Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment