The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Friday, March 20, 2009

THANK YOU


One year later we sit by the river and remember our sister,
our daughter and our friend. Click on the title to see a video
taken riverside.


if time had any meaning
it may be love
a year without you
has been a year with you
in the deepest way
we will never be nearer
or further apart
I lose you and find you
as I lose and find myself
you will always be the love of my life
teaching me of all other love
I release the pain of your absence
and embrace the joy of your presence
you are my teacher, my sister, and
my guide in worlds seen and unseen
my gratitude for every moment we have shared
is profound and alive as this river
thank you Kristianna
thank you
thank you
in teaching me to love so completely
you have given meaning to my life
I will not doubt that eternity is ours
to share

-Laurissa

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and heart-wrenching. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurissa - this is one of the most beautiful poems i've ever read

    so much beauty

    ReplyDelete