The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Thursday, March 5, 2009

A REMEMBRANCE


Kristy, Bancroft Elementary School

I would like to post this message from a former elementary school classmate of Kristy's. It reminds me there were so many others who loved and admired her - from grade school on up.

My God what a tragedy. I just found out last night. I grew up with Kristy in San Leandro and went to Roosevelt and Bancroft with her.

Dear Kristy,

It has been well well over a decade since I last saw you Kristy but I feel that the world has lost someone great. Reading that you have achieved such things in your life comes as no surprise what so ever. Actually totally expected to hear that you are a champion athlete. You were always the fastest girl in the playground and was faster than just about every one of us boy's too.

Being a athlete was your destiny. The world feels like a smaller place just knowing you are no longer with us. Kristy, you loom large in my memories of my childhood. You did touch many lives more than you probably ever realised. I will always remember you Kristy. Will always remember you. -


Chris Baldwin,
London,UK (grew up in San Leandro)

1 comment:

  1. Keep writing your blog. I missed it for a few days. Remember it is for your sanity and peace of mind that you cleanse your soul with the writing. If it hurts to put it on the blog, write it anyway. Just putting in writing is enough. Peace.

    ReplyDelete