The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Friday, March 27, 2009

SMALL WHITE ROCK


The garden Kristy and I tended

yesterday I threw
a rock into the garden…

that a woman once gave to me
small and white… it was of the sea
like she appeared from nowhere
in need of release
in an ear or in a shoulder

yet so did I
such relief desire

stories of our alive
such pleasures and decadence
yet such torment
incomprehensible brutality
in undeniable beauty

and all at once
and all the way
our souls laid bare

yesterday I threw
a rock into the garden….

but that was ten thousand years ago

-- Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment