The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Wednesday, August 5, 2009

WHAT ARE YOU SEEING?



I walk the same road but I do not feel
I see the same sights but I do not connect
If you were here instead of me
What would you be seeing?

I am you and now you are here
You are my eyes seeing what I see
Our fish bowl lenses glaring
And your heart beat blocks the sun

Sometimes when I do the simplest thing
I pretend that I am you
I am still here waiting for you I say
Tell me what would you be seeing

For if I knew I could make it happen
I would do all of your bidding
I could go forth with all your heart
And I would know what you are seeing

No comments:

Post a Comment