The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Wednesday, August 19, 2009

CANDOR AND MIRTH



What is your name and where were you born?
How many other children do you have?
Did she make any money when she won the race?
How long did she live in this and that place?

Please keep yourself from smiling at me
Don't tell me any more little jokes
Don't say you are sorry my daughter did die
And too slowly wipe a tear from your eye

You have a family too I would think
Those that you guard from all that you fear
Should I presume to speak with such candor and mirth
Can you please prove to me just what that is worth

There is a world and a justice too she said
And not one of us here is walking alone
Look around and see clearly where you are going
What you now reap is what you've been sowing

No comments:

Post a Comment