The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Tuesday, August 4, 2009

DID YOU SEE IT COMING?



Did you see it coming?
That split second
When you thought
I must get out of the way
This can't be happening

You lay on the road like a rag doll
Tossed aside like an angry child
He cradled you in his arms
Your splendor had been rewarded
With a broken, ugly crown

Sometimes when I close my eyes
I feel the car's impact
The searing pain and drunken darkness
Most times I feel the shock
This was not supposed to happen

Did you fall asleep peacefully?
Did you know who and what you were
Did you dream your life again
Or did your body fight on without you
While you looked down from above

I felt you close for days and days
As if you didn't want to leave
The wind was you, the sky was you
You were everything and nothing
But ..... did you see it coming?

1 comment:

  1. I think about this a lot, too. Sometimes I dream I am her place at the accident.

    ReplyDelete