The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A FRAGILE PEACE



So many have helped me through the past year. I could not have made it if not for their love and compassion. I do not have the right words to thank you, so let me just say I love you.


You are there when I need you
I know you understand the pain
You don't have to ask me
again and again

It's the small talk that sees me though
You ask me of my day
We talk about the dogs awhile
How they sleep and how they play

You are another part of me
You've taken much of my grief
For when you've shown such love to me
You've harbored a fragile peace

Can I live within your calming grace
Can I dwell within your banks
Can I tell you how you've meant the world
Can I offer you my thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment