The following entries (from beginning runner to half marathon finisher) represents a continuing journey of tremendous grief and sorrow, and of transformation - largely through the therapeutic power of running. The sorrow that has broken my heart open wide has in time allowed me to experience the beauty of being in the present moment. And of course, without the support of family and friends to guide me, I would not have made it this far.

If you have lost someone in your life, I offer these words and verse (some Kristy's, some mine and others) with the hope it may touch your heart and help you heal.
mailto:clarksonart@gmail.com


Sunday, November 19, 2023

A HEART ON FIRE


 

Today when I came back from my morning walk I was greeted by the Japanese Maple near the front door. I brought it with me in the back seat of our Jeep when we moved from California to Arizona. It was in our garden as a volunteer from the larger mother tree. You watered it many times. It has been a constant reminder to me. Your heart was on fire Kristy. And it has never left me. Happy birthday to one who would have been 46 years old today. We remember you in all your glory and keep your fire in our hearts always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment